Prof. Sullinger and Dean Insch
Dr. Tom Sharkey
1. Cultural immersion in England and Germany.
2. Visited Bank of England, Brompton Bikes, and QVC. Explored the city (Tower of London – London Eye) and experienced a new culture.
3. Visited Ritter Sports (chocolate), Berlin Wall, Checkpoint Charley. Lecture from distinguished professor from Economic Think Tank.
Students will enroll in a 3-credit hour course, IBUS 4100 or IBUS 6100 Study Abroad, Spring 2017 (or Summer 2017). Non-Business students are invited to participate in the program.
Estimated cost per student:
1.Hotel + Intra-Europe Airfare + Food + Local Transportation = Approximately $3,500 – grants = $2,500-$2,700 (Not including tuition fees for the course)
2. Airfare to Europe – book your own = $1,500
3. Grant money available from CISP
Proposed Itinerary (subject to change):
SAMPLE ITINERARY FROM LAST YEAR'S TRIP
UT-CISP Travel Grant: APPLICATION DEADLINE OCTOBER 2016
|| May 3
|| From DTW to Ingolstadt
|| May 4
|| Arrive in Ingolstadt
|| Hotel check-in and guided walking tour of city
|| May 5
|| Meet Ingolstadt University students, tour of Audi AG
|| May 6
|| Charter bus to Prague
|| May 7
|| Walking tour / business visit
|| May 8
|| Business visit
|| May 9
|| Early morning charter bus from Prague to Berlin
Afternoon business visit in Berlin
| May 10
| Morning walking tour
Free time, farewell dinner
Some return home, some continue travel
The Center for International Studies and Programs (CISP) Travel Grants are awarded in amounts from $200 to $1,200. Grant money awarded must be used for program related costs specific to the program listed on the application. Contact CISP at 419-530-5268 (Snyder Memorial 1000) for application form, application deadline and information (http://www.utoledo.edu/cisp/travelgrant/).
COBI-GBDI TRAVEL GRANT SUPPORT
COBI students participating in this program and enrolled in IBUS 4100/6100 or a Special Topics (4980) elective will receive funding support toward travel-related costs. This funding support is provided through the COBI-Global Business Development Institute.
YOUR NEXT STEPS
CONTACT PERSON: Dr. Tom Sharkey, Email:THOMAS.SHARKEY@utoledo.edu
1.Check with Adviser to make sure IBUS 4100/6100 fits in your plan of study.
2.Complete Trip Application from https://educationabroad.utoledo.edu/index.cfm?FuseAction=Programs.ViewProgram&Program_ID=20266
3.Submit form to Dr. Sharkey with check for $200 (non-refundable) payable to “University of Toledo Foundation”
4.Register for the class
5.Get a Passport!!!
6.Apply for CISP Travel Grant – www.utoledo.edu/cisp/travelgrant/
FILL OUT THE TRAVEL GRANT – OCT. 30 DEADLINE
PRELIMINARY PAYMENT ISSUES
1. Payments will be due in two or three installments during the Spring semester.
2. You can request financial aid help with the trip costs because they are associated with an educational purpose. Please talk to your financial aid counselor for more information.
3. There will be a follow-up mandatory meeting in the middle of October to finalize the class roster and provide more specific information about the trip.
COURSE-RELATED ACTIVITES DURING SPRING SEMESTER
Dr. Sharkey will be conducting several class sessions (IBUS 4100/6100) during the Spring semester. The class sessions (duration and days of meeting) will be determined after consultation with student participants. These classes will focus on learning and understanding the England and German macro environment (including economy, social and culture, politics), and selected companies and related industries.